“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Unknown

Friday, October 26, 2012

Don't Waste Your Life on Blogs

It has been a while since my last post. I'm certain my hundreds (thousands?) of renaissance men followers were biting their nails in anticipation of my next post. Perhaps you were thinking I had given up on the idea. Perhaps you were thinking I had perished on my latest skydiving attempt. Perhaps I had fallen into a crevasse in my recent attempt at the summit of K2?

All true.

I have been living, my brothers. Something I encourage all of you to do, as well.

Life is short. An ancient truth that becomes clearer to me as the days pass by, ever more quickly.

Don't spend it staring at a computer. Don't spend it in tedium or negativity. The World awaits.

The multitude of accomplishments yet unconquered... remain... yearning to bend under your assault.

Tilt your lance square at the shield of your desires and knock them from their high horse, my friends.

Our days are limited for good reason: in order that each one remains precious. Don't waste them.

Move forward. Incessantly.

-RM

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, you have restored my faith. I am not alone, when I was very much alone before. (20 Years online - First Posted Comment Ever)

    With that I throw off my bowlines and look for favourable winds.

    ReplyDelete