“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Unknown

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Quick Word About Sex, Homosexuals, And Renaissance Women

How's that for a blog post title, huh?  If that doesn't get any search engine hits, I don't know what will.

I just want to state unequivocally from the relative outset of this blog that I am a heterosexually charged man.  There will likely be many posts that indirectly or directly make reference to that fact.  However, one of the wonderful traits of a true renaissance man is that he has a nearly limitless supply of empathy.  Because of his generalist nature, he has an unbound ability to 'walk a mile in another person's shoes'.  I want to be clear that this blog, although singularly focused upon the renaissance man, and tangentially focused on the heterosexual renaissance man, is not meant to be specifically exclusionary to other genders and/or orientations.

To the homosexual renaissance man:  Almost all of what I say on this blog will apply to you directly.  Occasionally, when I deign to give advice or pontificate on man-woman love, please excuse the singularly heterosexual focus.  It is in no way meant to exclude the homosexual renaissance man.  You have my permission to swap pronouns as you see fit.

To the 'renaissance' woman, or, more specifically, the generalist woman, as well as women in general: this is a blog dedicated to the renaissance man.  About the only thing I can offer you is some insight into the troubled inner workings of the renaissance man's mind in order that you might better understand him.  There will be some ideas that you can take away from this for your own personal betterment, but all-in-all you will very likely find this blog to be somewhat exclusionary.  However, in no way is this meant to infer any kind of misogynist tendencies on my part.  I adore women.  I adore generalist women.  That's just not what this blog is about.  Please start a 'renaissance woman' blog of your own, and I will likely share some link-love with you.  Or, who knows?  Maybe even some real love if the mood is right.

Seriously, though, renaissance woman: you should call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment